Smoking is injurious to health- every pack of cigarette says this. Yet there are many consumers who are addicted to smoking.
Effects of cigarette smoking
While smoking, remember, these are the aftermaths you invite thyself:-
- Lesser visibility – leading to specs
- It reduces your appetite and makes you lose health gradually
- Anxiety – it reduces your capacity to think and perform
- You stay irritated – people start to stay away from you
- Lung cancer
- Increased cholesterol
- Blood cancer
- You are very much prone to heart diseases
- Your fingers turn yellow
- Stained teeth- none likes but you get them
- Your body hair become wrinkled – You start to look older than you are
- Smelly hair
- Bad teeth- none will appreciate your smile
- You get diabetic – you have to keep yourself away from sweets
- Males face erectile dysfunction
- Females face infertility
- Females face early menopause
- Females become prone to cervical cancer
- Females find it difficult to conceive
- If pregnant- new born is at a real great risk
The above mentioned points are the reasons to quit smoking– do it today- love thyself
Side effects of smoking
Maximum information is mentioned above, yet the major aspect, which affects your entire system, is the digestive system. You develop oral problems that make it tough for you to start chewing. Smoking negatively impacts your gums. Once gums get invaded and develop infection, you lose your teeth and start to have bad breath. Do you want it?
You are very much prone to develop mouth cancer. Other cancers that you indirectly invite are of throat, larynx and esophagus. Smokers are very much prone to develop kidney cancer. Many think smoking cigar is good but they are equally at risk.
Smoking cigarette directly impacts your insulin generation. You get resistant to it. This makes you very much prone to type II diabetes. This is one problem even non-smokers may develop. They are those who do not smoke but are close to you while you smoke. Some way, you put them also at risk. Is it intentional?
Smoking depresses you hunger and desire to eat. Since it is suppressed, your will not be able to intake nutrients you body needs. This may lead to malnutrition and you may develop diseases you may have never even heard of. A Big challenge and threat associated with smoking is, when you quit smoking completely, you may start to feel nauseous too. Beware; seek help while trying to quit smoking. Nausea is one of the side effects of quitting smoking instantly.
Mentioned above in bullet points and paragraph, are the diseases caused by smoking. An educated mind commits lesser mistakes, read this article completely to know more about it.
Benefits of quitting Smoking
Remember- your body is the most complex machinery ever got made. It is made in a way that it starts to repair and mend itself on its own. Once you stop smoking, you give your body space to repair itself- Thyself.
Exactly after six hours you will yourself feel that your blood pressure is starting to get normal and you are at peace. You will yourself start to feel that your body is getting stable and starting to function normally.
After around a day’s time you may start to feel the following:-
- Nicotine is out of your body
- Your body has blood flowing which is rich in oxygen
- When you look at your fingers, you will feel the change- thyself
- You feel lesser anxious and better mentally
These are some of the effects of quitting smoking you will start to feel after 24 hours.
Within 7 days – the differences felt are:-
- You taste buds get better and sharper – your start to feel hungry and happy
- Your lungs start to function for what they are actually made- cleaning and breathing
- Your body gets rich in Vitamin C. This means, it starts to fight against diseases on its own
After 90 days:-
- You stop to cough
- You don’t sneeze anymore
- You immunity gets better and you get less dependent on medicines to treat yourself
- Your blood gets thinner, meaning no headaches and blood clotting, gradually no threat of strokes
After 180 days:-
- You bid adieu to stress
- You feel better and relaxed
- Take decisions better with a cool head
Changes felt after a year is:-
- You start to breathe better
- You reduce risk of heart attacks
- You prevent any chances of cancer cells developing in your body
- Chances of developing diabetes are reduced and you feel active
- You take in more nutrients, which means you have a healthy and functional body to fight against anything that is negative
Since it takes a while to let your body start to mend on its own, you may have realized by now that why smoking is bad for you.
Tips to quit smoking
If are genuinely keen on quitting smoking, follow the tips mentioned below:-
- Migrate from climate that encourages you to smoke
- So not carry cigarettes at all with you
- Prevent any situation that may trigger you to smoke
- Be proud of yourself that you have left smoking
- Stay away from second hand smoking as well (do not sit at a place where people are smoking)
- Indulge yourself into exercising and lead a healthy life
- Save money and spend it on quality things- this may make you happy
- Start deep breathing when you feel the urge
- Go to a place where you cannot smoke at all
- Never take a puff- you may fall back- prevent it – Love Thyself
The ones, who smoke, are not the only ones who are at risk of losing their health. It is their family and friends too are prone it. Inhaling smoke while someone else smokes a cigarette is called passive smoking. So whether you are an active or passive smoker, either ways your inviting disease mentioned above.
At times you do not live for yourself but for others. So live- happy and healthy. Quit smoking today. Smoking never did good for anyone ever.Tags: quit, smokng