Losing a tooth can be tough. It impacts physically and psychologically so nobody wants it to happen. More importantly, it disturbs the quality of life in a significant manner by making difficult some of our everyday activities like speaking and eating. So, whether we have one or more missing natural teeth, the range of issues faced remains more or less the same. What should then be the course of action for those troubled individuals? Well, they can consult a top Dentist Myrtle Avenue Queens and be rest assured of being told about implants as the best replacement option for the missing tooth.
What is a dental implant and who should get it?
It’s true that most of us don’t know about options at hand in case of losing the natural tooth. The implant is one option – it’s basically a fixture to be embedded within the jaw bone. It does replace the teeth by supporting either a crown or denture or any similar prosthesis.
Here’s how implants work and who can benefit –
- Bone formation takes place in the areas around the implants once their placement is done
- It’s the bone formation that ensures firm anchorage and stability to the artificial tooth.
- Implants can thus form a direct contact with the nearby jaw bone
- It’s the jaw bone contact that helps keep the prosthesis stable and retained and stable
- Implants are good for anyone with one or more missing natural teeth
- They are perhaps the most durable replacement of a missing teeth
- They help replace the missing teeth and restore facial aesthetics
- Implants take away any issues in eating and speaking due to missing teeth
- They deliver comfort and naturalness and bring quality back into life
- Implants are a huge relief for those facing issues with dentures
Benefits of implants
It’s proved long ago that implants are perhaps the best dental prosthetics when it comes to getting the missing tooth replaced. This has made them popular the world over with more people opting it without giving the second thought.
Let’s look at some of major advantages associated with implants –
1# Restore the charms of smile and facial aesthetics
Your smile and facial beauty is the first casualty of missing teeth. Dentists can this place good-looking prosthesis over the implants to help restore all the charms and dazzle gone missing.
2# A long-term option
We know dentures and bridges are not meant to last beyond a point. The same however is not true with implants as proper care can make them outlast even the patient. They are that much durable.
3# No harm to teeth structure
The best thing about implants is that they don’t harm the adjacent teeth and structure in any way. Rather, they can help preserve the tooth structure always. That’s why any top Dentist Greenpoint would ask you for implants.
4# No restrictions on eating food items of choice
With dental implants, you are not required to take any kind of precautions with what food items and types you eat. You can have anything and everything, be the hard or sticky foods, without worrying about any fall of the structure.Tags: implants, missing tooth